Friday, January 13, 2012

After a nasty bout of food poisoning (probably due to some chicken McNuggets) I slept away most of the morning, then woke up full of energy and cranked out a bunch of work on this massive Lego monster. This model weighs a lot now. It is getting to be a pain in the ass flipping it over all the time. Lucky for me I finished all the bottom parts this afternoon and I'm just waiting on some more hoses to finish the last of the landing gear. Here's what I did today:






















The beginnings of the entry ramp:








That red part you see is not available in black or any dark color :(



Ran out of black connectors so I threw in a dark red one. I like the way it looks:






This is the beginning of the top and bottom gun turrets:







These parts make up the rim of the turrets:








Bottom turret attached:



Now for the rear bottom plating. Again, the 8L door rail not available in black, but it will hardly be seen in the end:







And now attached to the rest of the ship:


Small plating sections:







Here are some pictures of the bottom of the model with all bottom parts done except for 1 landing gear:



Can you find the one red pin I exchanged with a black pin?

Now I'm starting the top hull plating sections:







This is what it looked like before I added a bunch of grill tiles.

And now it looks much better with more grill tiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment